Knights of St. John International gather in Charlotte
CHARLOTTE — Bishop Peter J. Jugis celebrated the closing Mass of the Knights of St. John International's bi-annual conference at St. Gabriel Church in Charlotte July 14.
More than 1,500 attendees from around the world attended the international fraternal organization's conference in Charlotte. Our Lady of Consolation Parish Choir from Charlotte provided the music for the closing Mass.
The Knights of St. John were formed in 1879 by recent European immigrants in New York, inspired by the medieval knightly orders of the Church and recalling the many benevolent societies in the parish churches of their homelands.
The order cares for the spiritual, social and physical needs of members and neighbors around the world.
— Sueann Howell, staff writer
See a full gallery below:
Photo carousel will auto rotate. Click on image to advance to that photo or enlarge.
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy