Deacon Rodriguez of St. Mark Church passes away
HUNTERSVILLE — Deacon Edwin Rodriguez, who served at St. Mark Church in Huntersville, passed away unexpectedly last weekend at his home.
Deacon Rodriguez, 63, directed the Hispanic Ministry at the parish.
A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated Friday, July 6, 2012 at St. Mark Church, with Bishop Peter J. Jugis as celebrant and Monsignor Richard Bellow, pastor, as homilist.
Cremation and burial wass to follow at a later date, the parish office said.
Mr. Rodriguez was born Oct. 23, 1948 in Puerto Rico, a son of the late Juan Rodriguez and Luz Maria Ramos Rodriguez. He was ordained a Permanent Deacon in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlotte on July 1, 1995 and most recently served at St. Mark Catholic Church.
Mr. Rodriguez is survived by his beloved wife, Carmen L. Rodriguez; sons, Edwin Armando Rodriguez, Luis Roberto Rodriguez (Debra), and Jose Ralphaez Rodriguez, all of Charlotte; sister, Myrna Rivera of Puerto Rico; brothers, Eddie Rodriguez of Charlotte and Johnny Saldiva of California; and by his grandson, Davian Rodriguez.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials to St. Mark Catholic Church, 14740 Stumptown Rd., Huntersville, NC 28078.
McEwen Funeral Service-Mint Hill Chapel is in charge of the arrangements. Condolences to the family may be offered at www.McEwenMintHillChapel.com.
— Catholic News Herald
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy