RCIA Commission and Forum train initiation ministers
GREENSBORO — Fifty-five people from 12 dioceses participated in four full days of RCIA training last month, hosted at St. Paul Church in Greensboro.
The initiation ministers and RCIA coordinators were trained by the RCIA Commission and the North American Forum on the Catechumenate.
The forum team that conducted the training had a total of 140 years of experience with the rite. Participants consisting of priests, deacons and lay coordinators came from dioceses in California, Florida, the Carolinas, Mississippi and Georgia, among others.
Nelson Bonet from the Archdiocese of Miami led a team consisting of Father John Durbin from the Diocese of Raleigh, Father Ed Koharchik from the Diocese of Austin, Rita Burns Senseman, notable author from Terre Haute, Ind., Father Ron Wearsch from the Diocese of Cleveland, and Rosie Hernandez from the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
A complementary local team led by Peggy Connolly, Pat Millar and the RCIA Commission handled local logistics.
— Dr. Cris Villapando
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy