Father Mitch Pacwa, Eucharistic Miracles exhibit in Charlotte Nov. 9-11
CHARLOTTE — St. Thomas Aquinas Church will host a Vatican International Exhibition – Eucharistic Miracles of the World – at the church in north Charlotte Nov. 9-11. Jesuit Father Mitch Pacwa, whose popular program "EWTN Live" is aired weekly on the Eternal Word Television Network, will lead a parish mission during the weekend of the exhibition.
The exhibit itself features the stories behind 126 miracles associated with the Holy Eucharist. Each panel displays an assortment of photos and historical descriptions of some of the Eucharistic miracles that have taken place throughout the world and that have been officially acknowledged by the Church.
Adoration will be offered from 1 to 7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 9, followed by a talk by Father Pacwa at 7 p.m. The exhibition will be open from 5 to 7 p.m.
On Saturday, Nov. 10, the exhibition is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m., followed by a talk by Father Pacwa at 11 a.m. A Holy Hour will be held from 2 to 3 p.m. Confessions will be heard from 3:30 to 5 p.m. A Vigil Mass will be celebrated at 5:30 p.m.
On Sunday, Nov. 11, the exhibition will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday Masses at the parish are at 7:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
For more information, call 704-549-1607 or go online to www.stacharlotte.com.
— SueAnn Howell, senior reporter
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy