Mass wraps up African-American Affairs Ministry revival with Father Ricard
The Diocese of Charlotte African American Affairs Ministry held its annual revival in August.
Father Tony Ricard (right) elevates the Eucharist during the closing Mass of the annual revival, sponsored by the diocesan ministry, held at Our Lady of Consolation Church in Charlotte Aug. 14. Father Ricard is a priest in the Archdiocese of New Orleans and the chaplain for the New Orleans Saints NFL team. He shared many stories and jokes about "saints" during his homily. Pictured with Father Ricard is Deacon Stephen Pickett (left) of St. Francis of Assisi Church in Lenoir.
Above: Members of the Perpetual Hope Gospel Choir sing at the closing Mass of the four-day revival on Aug. 14.
Go online to the Diocese of Charlotte's YouTube channel to hear an excerpt from Father Ricard's homily.
-- SueAnn Howell, staff writer
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy