St. Matthew Knights of Columbus Council in Charlotte elects Elgin Grand Knight
CHARLOTTE — Charles "Chuck" Elgin is the new grand knight of St. Matthew Church Knights of Columbus Council 10852. Other new officers installed Aug. 6 were: Bob Conlon, deputy grand knight; Bill Lopresti, chancellor; Norm Smith, recorder; John Courdriet, financial secretary; and Gary Yeck, treasurer.
Elgin previously served two terms as deputy grand knight as well as numerous other positions in both the council and three terms as purser for the Assembly.
A native of Columbus, Ohio, Elgin's father introduced him to the Knights of Columbus shortly after Elgin graduated from college, and his brothers are active Knights as well.
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy