St. Patrick's Day Mass set at old St. Joseph Church
MOUNT HOLLY — On St. Patrick's Day, March 17, the three divisions of the Ancient Order of Hibernians and the Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians in the Charlotte area will once again be honoring their Irish heritage and their Catholic faith with Mass at old St. Joseph Church in Mount Holly.
Old St. Joseph Church was built in 1843 by Irish immigrants and the first pastor was Father T.J. Cronin, who was also Irish born and is buried at the church. The ceremony to honor Father Cronin will begin at 7:45 a.m. and Mass will follow at 8 a.m.
Father Joshua Voitus, parochial vicar of St. Vincent de Paul Church and the chaplain of the Mecklenburg County board of the AOH, will be the celebrant. The public is welcome to attend both the ceremony and the Mass.
— Joseph Dougherty
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy