International festival held at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church in High Point
HIGH POINT — Immaculate Heart of Mary Church in High Point recently held its eighth-annual International Festival celebrating the cultural diversity of the parish, which is comprised of Catholics from 40-plus countries.
Festival goers enjoyed a variety of ethnic foods, music and dance, besides learning about local organizations dedicated to helping people abroad as well as increasing international understanding and peace.
Pictured are dancers with the Greensboro Chinese Association Folk Dance Troupe performing in their colorful native costumes.
The festival is organized each year by the parish's International Club of the Evangelization Commission, led by president Kathy Faltynski and Rita Lucas.
— Nancy Valego
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy