First day of first grade at OLG
GREENSBORO — Our Lady of Grace School in Greensboro had a great first day of school Aug. 24. Pictured are new first-graders Camille Barth and Lindsey Ramsey heading into their first day of the 2011-'12 school year. (Photo provided by Karen L. Hornfeck)
Catholic advocates urge fairness as House readies farm bill voteWASHINGTON, D.C. — Catholic leaders are urging Catholics nationwide to call their representatives in the House and ask for a farm bill that does not make deep cuts into food assistance programs both here and abroad. "The bill reported by...
Obama threatens veto as fetal pain bill passes HouseWASHINGTON, D.C. — Despite passing the U.S. House of Representatives, a bill to prohibit abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy faces an uncertain future as President Obama's administration has suggested that he will veto it. "(S)cience is...
Obama nominates retired CRS president as U.S. ambassador to VaticanWASHINGTON, D.C. — President Barack Obama June 14 nominated Ken Hackett, retired president of Catholic Relief Services, to be U.S. ambassador to the Holy See. Obama's announcement about Hackett came late in the day, along with his nominees...
MOST POPULAR STORIES
- Priest assignment list for 2013 coming soon; seminarian summer duties released
- 'Nuns on the Bus' rally for immigration reform during stop in Charlotte
- Conflicts among Christians harm the body of Christ, pope says
- St. Vincent de Paul breaks ground on ministry center, chapel
- Belmont Abbey athletics strives for 'sports properly directed'