- Catron to be ordained a transitional deacon on Saturday
- St. Barnabas marks National Day of Prayer
- AOH donates to St. Mark and Christ the King schools
- Mercy Sister Elizabeth Robertson dies at 87
- Women's center aims to offer abortion-minded women a better choice
- Photos: Honoring Mary in May
- Photos: Receiving first Holy Eucharist
Deacon James Toner: What we know that ain't so: What's wrong?
What we think is the right road In his great sci-fi novel "A Canticle for Leibowitz," author Walter Miller Jr. has one of his characters ask in exasperation, "What is the fundamental irritant?" Why are things just wrong? What is at the heart...Read More...
Joseph Purello: The virtue of attention: 'To encounter another person in love'
Modern technologies allow us to shift our attention quickly. We are confident that we can pay attention to multiple things and people at any given time and we value dearly our devices that allow us to stay so accessible, and so flexible to choose...Read More...
The Poor Clares: Reflections on the Year for Consecrated Life:The gift of community
One of the essential elements of consecrated religious life as defined by the Church is communal life. As human beings, we are made for relationships. Our hearts are designed for communion, mutual love and acceptance. When one embraces a religious...Read More...
Arts & Entertainment
St. Vincent de Paul teen produces two award-winning pro-life documentaries
CHARLOTTE — A Charlotte teen drew on family inspiration to create a documentary on Eunice Kennedy Shriver and the Special Olympics that took first place in North Carolina and that she hopes can win a national competition. Catherine McMillan,...Read More...
Looking for parish-based services? Yeah, there's an app for that
WASHINGTON, D.C. — In an increasingly mobile and digital world, Catholic parishes and other institutions are finding that the ubiquitous mobile app can work for them. More parishes are going the app route, and more companies are tailoring...Read More...
'From Agnostic to Deacon: A Story of Hope and Conversion'
One couple's journey of faith documented in new book CHARLOTTE — Deacon Kevin Williams and his wife Theresa weren't always on the same page when it comes to practicing their faith. They are both cradle Catholics, but Theresa grew up in South...Read More...
US / WORLD HEADLINES
MOST POPULAR STORIES
- Triad mother recounts miraculous events surrounding high-risk pregnancy, healing
- Priests' anniversaries highlight diversity of experiences, faithful ministry
- Altar servers honored at St. Ann Church during annual Mass
- Father Patrick Earl bids farewell to St. Peter Church
- Belmont Abbey's 2015 grads told: Continue your 'good work'