- Fr. John Tuller, former Morganton pastor, passes away at 83
- Sister Eleanor Elizabeth Keeney, Maryknoll Missioner for 65 years, dies
- Christians in Belmont gather to give thanks, ‘recognize a common bond’
- Louis DeJoy and Aldona Z. Wos Foundation donates $1M to St. Pius X campaign
- SJN youth choir to perform in Christmas concert Dec. 18
- Retired pastor of St. William Church celebrates 45th anniversary of ordination
- Belmont Abbey College files new lawsuit against HHS mandate
Fr. George David Byers: Charity – Meet a star poet from beyond the grave
For the last installment of this three-part series on how much Jesus loves us, we meet a one-time parishioner of mine, “K,” who died aged 11 on All Hallows Eve, just in time to celebrate All Saints Day in heaven with the saints. “K”...Read More...
Dr. Cris Villapando: Why does God allow evil?
Jesus said, “All that you see here – the days will come when there will not be left a stone upon another stone that will not be thrown down.” This dire prediction of Jesus brings back the haunting memories of the recent devastation recently...Read More...
Allison Schumacher: Mary – The ideal of love
Each one of us has ideals, resulting in standards or goals that we set for ourselves and for others. Some of these ideals we deliberately choose. For example, I may like the way a certain musician plays, and I listen to his recordings and study...Read More...
Arts & Entertainment
‘For A Child’ Christmas CD is born: St. Pius X parishioners’ dreams realized
GREENSBORO — For years parishioners have been asking longtime music minister Sallie Kelton why the choir hadn’t produced a CD. The answer was simple. They just didn’t have the funding. But now, thanks to the generosity of parishioner Bill...Read More...
Mary's 'way of loving, believing' an example for all, says actress
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Preparing for the title role in "Mary of Nazareth" helped German actress Alissa Jung to realize that Mary was not only the mother of God but a real person. "Before doing this film, Mary was always the mother of Jesus,...Read More...
TAN Books acquires children’s Catholic book publisher
CHARLOTTE — TAN Books, a division of Saint Benedict Press of Charlotte, recently acquired Neumann Press, a Minnesota publisher of classic Catholic titles for children and adults. The acquisition more than triples TAN’s children’s titles...Read More...
US / WORLD HEADLINES
MOST POPULAR STORIES
- Celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Charlotte
- Greensboro Christmas concert to benefit Philippines relief, BackPack Beginnings
- Local Mercy sister joins ‘Fast for Immigrant Justice’ in Washington, D.C.
- Greensboro, Charlotte to host ‘Black Madonna’ traveling icon Dec. 28-Jan. 1
- The Vatican wants to know: What do you think?